Use SurfSaver to save bookmarked Web pages
SurfSaver is a great way to take your Web research home or on the road. SurfSaver makes it easy to save Web pages from your list of favorites so you can search and view them off-line.
1. In IE pull-down the FILE menu and select "Import and Export".
2. Choose to "Export Favorites".
3. Select the Favorites Folder you wish to save into SurfSaver.
Note: You can select individual folders, multiple folders or all folders to save.
4. Select "Export to a File" and Browse to a folder on your hard drive.
Note: This will be the location for a .HTM file with links to all of your favorites for that folder. I placed my file - bookmark.htm - in the My Documents folder so it would be easy to find.
5. In IE pull-down the FILE menu and select OPEN.
6. Browse to the directory containing the exported HTM file and open that file.
7. Right mouse click on this page and select SurfSaver Save.
8. Select a SurfSaver folder.
9. Select the "Linked Pages" option and set the number to "1".
Note: This will save the first Web page for each link on the export HTM file.
10. Choose OK.
SurfSaver will save the full Web page from each link into the SurfSaver folder you selected. This is a great tool.
Note to Netscape Users: If you are using Netscape your bookmarks are already stored in an HTML file called bookmarks.htm. You can search your hard drive for the location of this file and open it in your browser. Follow steps 7-10 to save your list of bookmarks to a SurfSaver folder.
See All Tips