SEC. 408. ENHANCED REVIEW OF PERIODIC DISCLOSURES BY
(a) REGULAR AND SYSTEMATIC REVIEW- The Commission shall review disclosures made by issuers reporting under section 13(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (including reports filed on Form 10-K), and which have a class of securities listed on a national securities exchange or traded on an automated quotation facility of a national securities association, on a regular and systematic basis for the protection of investors. Such review shall include a review of an issuer's financial statement.
(b) REVIEW CRITERIA- For purposes of scheduling the reviews required by subsection (a), the Commission shall consider, among other factors--
(1) issuers that have issued material restatements of financial results;
(2) issuers that experience significant volatility in their stock price as compared to other issuers;
(3) issuers with the largest market capitalization;
(4) emerging companies with disparities in price to earning ratios;
(5) issuers whose operations significantly affect any material sector of the economy; and
(6) any other factors that the Commission may consider relevant.
(c) MINIMUM REVIEW PERIOD- In no event shall an issuer required to file reports under section 13(a) or 15(d) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 be reviewed under this section less frequently than once every 3 years.